Breakfast and baked goods are two of my favorite things in the kitchen. Naturally, I'm always looking for intersections between the two. Pancakes, waffles, muffins. I love them all! Unfortunately, pancakes and waffles can be time consuming to make fresh every morning. Muffins, however, have the advantage of shelf life. In the interest of having a quick and easy pancake breakfast every morning, I came up with the pancake muffin! It's the perfect compromise for those mornings where your just in too much of a hurry to cook.
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- (optional) toppings: pecans, chocolate chips, berries, ect.
1. Preheat your oven to 350 and grease a muffin pan.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, honey, egg, butter and vanilla. Set aside. In a larger bowl, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, brown sugar and salt. Stir until mixture is homogeneous.
3. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until the mixture is smooth. Divide into muffin pan, filling each space 2/3 full. This recipe makes about 7-8 full sized muffins and 18-20 mini muffins.
4. Bake full sized muffins for 10 minutes, and mini's for 6 minutes. Allow them to cool for a few minutes before removing them from the pan. Add a little syrup on top and they're ready to go!